Site Map Icon
RSS Feed icon
August 05, 2021
<< August 2021 >>
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
Contact Elected Officials!
Organize Today
Learn more about organizing your workplace!

Click Here
  Current Campaigns  
Frequently Asked Questions
Updated On: Jan 18, 2013



I just got married, how do I add my spouse to my insurance?

We require a copy of the Marriage Certificate, your spouse's Birth Certificate, and your spouse's Social Security Number. You can mail us a copy of these documents, or you can bring them in and we will be happy to make a copy of them here.

My new spouse has children from a previous marriage, are they covered?

Only if you legally adopt the children. If you legally adopt the children, we require a copy of the paperwork. Stepchildren are not covered.

How do I add my newborn child to my insurance?

To add a new child to your policy we require a copy of the Birth Certificate, and the child's Social Security Number. In cases where the Birth Certificate is not immediately available, you can often get an official letter from the hospital stating all the information that would be on the child's Birth Certificate. We will still need a copy of the official Birth Certificate once you receive it.

I received my Blue Cross Blue Shield cards, but not my Dental or Prescription  cards.

You will usually receive your Blue Cross Blue Shield cards a little over a week after your information is keyed in. The Delta Dental and Prescription cards take longer for us to receive, usually at least three weeks. We send them out the same day we receive them.

How come I got two Dental cards and they both have my name on them?

The same Delta Dental cards are good for your entire family. You should receive individual Blue Cross Blue Shield. Teamsters RX cards will have all the family members listed on every card.

If you do not receive your cards, call the Health and Welfare office at (508) 230-9450.

What do I do if I lose my Blue Cross Blue Shield / Delta Dental / Prescription card?

Contact the Health and Welfare office at (508) 230-9450 to request a new card. If you need to use your coverage in the meantime, the Fund Office can give you your Subscriber ID Number and Group Number to give to the doctor.

What is a PPO?

PPO stands for "Preferred Provider Organization." It is a group of hospitals and physicians contracting on a fee-for-service basis with insurance companies to provide comprehensive medical service. If differs from an HMO in that you are free to choose your own health care provider.


Why do I need to keep my pay stubs?

You should always keep your pay stubs as a record of your employment. If there is a discrepancy, or if your employer is behind in submitting eligibility information to the Fund Office, your pay stubs can determine your eligibility.

I am no longer working for my former employer, how long am I covered?

You should contact the Health and Welfare office at (508) 230-9450 to verify the length of your coverage, which is likely until our next review (March 1 and September 1) or even longer if you have worked enough hours. Your coverage being continued is contingent upon you continuing to pay your Union dues. When you are terminated, you will be notified of your option to elect COBRA continuation of coverage.

What is COBRA?

COBRA allows an individual whose eligibility terminates to continue their health plan coverage under certain circumstances by paying direct to the Fund. For more information, refer to the COBRA section of your Benefit Book.

How much does COBRA cost?

The monthly rate for COBRA continuation of coverage varies depending on whether you elect Medical Only, or Medical and Dental, and whether you elect an Individual Plan or Family Plan. Contact the Health and Welfare office at (508) 230-9450 for the current rates.


I filed for Out-of-Work weekly benefits, how long until I see my first check?

When you first file for out-of-work benefits with us, the first check usually takes one week to arrive. After that you should receive a check approximately every week for the duration of your illness/accident. We send the checks out to you every Friday or they can be picked up at the Health & Welfare Office after 12 p.m. If you would like to pick up your check, you must call the Health and Welfare office at (508) 230-9450 and notify us.

I haven't returned to work yet, why haven't I gotten any more checks? What's this blue form?

If your doctor listed your recovery time as unknown and/or you are still receiving treatment, we will periodically require you to have a blue Continuance of Disability form filled out to show that you are still unable to return to work. When you receive this form with your check, you must have it filled out as soon as possible, as you will not receive another check until it is processed.

IAFF Local Newswire
Join the Newswire!
Updated: Aug. 05 (16:00)

35th IAFF Fallen Fire Fighter Memorial
Manchester MDA 5K
IAFF Harvard Trade Union Program Scholarship
Missouri State Council of Fire Fighters
City Chapter Special Meeting 8/12/21 at 6:30pm for proposed ‘One Time Payment MOU’
Albuquerque Area Fire Fighters
IAFF License Plates
Union Meeting Reminder *** TODAY***
Denver Firefighters Local 858
UnionActive Newswire
Join the Newswire!
Updated: Aug. 05 (14:59)

A Pivotal Time for the U.S. Labor Movement
Teamsters Local 355
Teamsters mourn the loss of AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka
Teamsters Local 570
Job Posting - Airport Elevator Contract Specialist - Miami Dade Aviation Department
IUEC Local 71
Funeral Services for Retired Officer Robert L. Portugal
El Paso Municipal Police Officers' Association
AFL-CIO President Trumka Passes
Brotherhood of Railroad Signalmen
Pentagon IDs Officer Slain In Stabbing As Officials Seek Clues
El Paso Municipal Police Officers' Association
Teamsters Local 653
Copyright © 2021, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™

Top of Page image